Sunday, April 15

A waking dream

I have many dreams for my knitting - finish all those UFOs, deplete my stash, make an Aran sweater, learn twined knitting. I think I can still wear that green vest I started in 2000 from The Traditional Sweater Book (Madeline Weston) after I rework the button band because I used the next size up needles by mistake. If I make an Aran sweater using the stash of Lion Brand Fisherman WoolEase, that would be one big bag of yarn fewer in the closet.

This morning I discovered that I dream of different knitting - apparently I want to meet Ann Shayne and make a man bag for my husband out of green and white cotton using the ballband warshrag pattern. The Ann Shayne in my dreams had a southern accent but had dark hair cut short, styled in a teased up-do. She and I were talking outside a confessional where a very small young woman was being toyed with by a lap dog. We commented to her that this must happen a lot - being tossed about like a faceless, stuffed squirrel - and she said yes, it's because she is so small. About 18" like an American Girl doll.

My husband came to get me because it was time to go swimming - the pool was in the other half of the building. He was carrying a shoulder bag with his stuff in it. Green and white warshrag pattern with a buttonhole stitched in as part of the pattern.

I don't know what this is telling me. I prefer to keep working on the green guernsey sweater:



Wool Gathering #76. That pattern above the garter stitch is Indian Corn.

My list to the right just got longer.

Comments:
That, or you need to go to confession. Or maybe swimming.
 
or maybe all three...AT THE SAME TIME!! muahahaha
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?