Sunday, June 21

Many different kinds of cats

I had the week off and cleared some piles, planted marigolds, and knit, knit, knit. That means I knit on one project:





Another lace project but a simple 8-row repeat this time (action on the odd-numbered rows, purl back on the even rows). I used row markers galore and had to sketch the pattern on a post-it.

I was going to keep knitting until the yarn was gone or the scarf measured 60" but that was too boring. I am going to use the scarf to ward off the air-conditioning chill so it only needs to go around one time.

Yarn: Malabrigo laceweight, Vera Cruz; Cat's Paw pattern from my needlework dictionary. Used 2 size 4.5 dpn with a needleholder on the end to keep the work from sliding off.

And then just tonight, as round 4 of the US Open was called for darkness, I got a call that a mama cat with 4 kittens have been trapped but Treehouse isn't picking up the phone. Temporary housing in the back of the van with the vents open:



Mom is a friendly and the kittens are happy to be held. They all deserve forever homes.

Comments:
Is a permanent home on Drexel? You know there was a show called "Eight is Enough" :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?